Encountered error 1612 while updating
The bulk of the references collected are 12th & 13th century - as they have all been taken from the C. The final phase (from 1860 onwards) was associated with the rapid devleopment of the central Glamorgan coalfield, especially the steam-coal deposits of the Rhondda Valleys (for export purposes). Talbot MP of the Margam Estate (Owner of Bryndu Slip Colliery) started a temporary school in colliery stables, known as Bryndu Works School. Instruction as good as could be carried into effect during the short time the school has been erected; discipline good; methods good.
The rock to the left of the hollow rose abruptly to present a more or less vertical face some 3ft 6in in height, a little short of the highest point of the mound as it then existed and from this face the mound appeared to fade gradually away into the rough surrounding ground. S., for the identification of the materials), was roughly rectangular in section, with a maximum length of 4ft 6in., a maximum width of 3ft and a maximum thickness of 8in.
The somewhat flattened character of the back of the skull is an indication that the skull may be that of an individual of the "Beaker" type and a measurement of 150mm or over for the breadth is in harmony with tis view, for it implies at least a sub-brachycephalic condition.
We wish to thank Sir Arthur Keith for confirming our reconstrucyion of the fragments, but we accept the responsibility for the notes here given.
A fragment of the superciliary ridge indicates that the specimen belongs to a male and that these bony ridges were strongly developed.
The teeth suggest an adult in middle life, and show much evidence of hard wear.